Lots of you have been asking how to disable automatic OTA updates… lots of you experienced automatic OTA update and you really don’t like it most especially those of you using devices that supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
I’m going to give you a simple guide on how to disable automatic OTA updates on your Android devices. Infinix hot 2 has actually given a lot of individual headache, heartache and moneyache but don’t worry, I’ll make this guide simple and easy for none techy dudes.
¶ Make sure you device is rooted… You can see guide here on how to root your device in less than 5min
¶ Download disable services from google play Once you’ve ensure you have the above in place, then you can go ahead with the steps below
1. Launch the application you downloaded “disable services”
2. Click on system tab
3. Scroll down to Google play services and click on it. You’ll see lists of google play services
4. Scroll down to SystemUpdateService>>> Tap it and wait..
5. Grant disable service Super User priviledge by tapping grant.
6. SystemUpdateService should now be unticked and in red, meaning it is disabled
You can then return back to your home screen and never expect any further OTA updates on your Mediatek Android devices. But note that if by any means you want to update to the latest OS, you’ll need to unroot your device, then download the OTA and install.